Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Odie is Stunning!!!

Hi - Beth here I just have to tell you a little bit about my first meeting with Odie - loved his cut and body structure - he is a looker for sure and has that wonderful white on him....ummm handsome for sure - long, lean and that beautiful shiny black that is almost blue...like when I first met my Homey Hound - just takes your breath away!!! Hoola took my breath away by his personality first and foremost but I believe each and every hound has their own special qualities.

But now on to his personality at our first meeting - shy is how I would explain it but then after a few weeks with Stone (another wonderful boy) he came out of his shell and they became best buddies - when they arrived at my house this past Saturday Stone was ready to rock and roll and Odie was too, needless to say I was thrilled at how much Odie had come out, he and Stone are a pair for sure.

Odie is a loving soul but really likes to have another grey around - not to say he couldn't be an only by any means (that will have to be determined by others) but the bonding that took place in a couple of weeks with he and Stone really brought out the personality in Odie, which I found interesting since Stone is deaf and you would think another grey would be his leader in a sense, but very suprising to me but Stone loves to play and seems quite confident in himself but as Carol noted he has been deaf since birth so to him it is what it is and he apparently gave Odie that sense of confidence he needed.

So upon Odie's arrival he was happy, cheerful and seemed to be ready to start retirement, even though he wasn't sure what that meant I am sure, he has a lot of things to learn and they will be fun things for sure.

I am a huge fan of the black hounds and find them stunning anyway - but with Odie's long sleek look he sure stands out in a crowd!

No comments:

Post a Comment